Learn to Learn: Become a Successful Trusted Advisor
While it seems like you can sit back and wait for success, the truth is, if you want to be a trusted advisor, you need to go out and find success. You can’t sit home and expect success to come to you.
Invest in yourself with sales training using the Quid Pro Quo method.
I’ve been working as a sales and selling advisor for many years now. What I have found that separates the successful sales professionals from others is that the successful sales professionals are constantly learning. They have a passion to become a trusted advisor to their clients and they do whatever it takes to make this happen. They learn to learn.
This learning helps them catapult to the top of their field, which is a huge benefit; and another benefit they create is that they develop strong skills in a consultative selling approach. This is the only way to become a trusted advisor.
If you want to break out of the same old rut and want to develop a new approach, you can get started by asking yourself these questions:
- Are you up to date on the newest books in your field?
- How do you regularly increase your market knowledge (this means your understanding of your potential customers)?
- How often do you attend professional conferences or seminars to increase your understanding of different subjects?
- How effective is your networking, measured by lead generation?
- Would others point to you as an expert in your niche? Are you seen as #1 in your field?
- How able are you to think outside the box?
- Do you learn at least one new thing each day?
- Do you learn from your mistakes?
- Would you say that you are good at changing based on things you learn?
Your answers to these questions should be honest. The answers may not come immediately. This is okay. If you invest in this process, you will be able to be more successful in all areas of your career and business.
As you answer each question, write the answer down on a piece of paper. Learn how to identify gaps.
To be a trusted advisor, you must learn to listen and you must learn to learn.
Just by reading this article, you can answer “yes!” to the question about whether you learn something new each day.
Keep focused on being the best you can be, doing the best you can, learning and developing your skills to become a well-known trusted advisor in your market niche.
Postscript: “If you’re still looking for answers, try searching with those keywords. Sales training, sales trainer, customized sales training, Solution Selling, executive sales, strategic marketing, lead generation, sales prospecting, quid pro quo sales training